RETURNS & SHIPPING
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET YOUR ORDER:
- TEAR OR CUT THE PACKAGE OPEN CAREFULLY Don't be tearing it open like you're Dr. David Bruce Banner turning into Hulk. You might need that packaging later
- DON'T TOUCH THOSE TAGS! Please step away from the scissors. Items with tags removed are not eligible for return
- TRY IT ON YOUR DOG BEFORE LETTING THEM ACTUALLY WEAR IT Dogs are covered with so much hair. They also love to roll in stuff and go zooming through shrubberies without warning. So when you get that sweater, quickly try it on your pup indoors (preferably with no wrestling mates or pointy things nearby).
- MAKE SURE YOUR DOG IS CLEAN BEFORE TRYING THE ITEM ON Funky dog smells transfer onto natural fabrics very easily. Mud, slush, dirt and debris also do this.
**In the rare case of a manufacturing defect, we will of course make an exception! Please take 2 clear photos of the defect--one showing where it is on the garment and one close-up-- and EMAIL US right away. We'll have the manufacturer handle replacement and, if applicable, include a prepaid label for the return.
WHAT TO DO IF IT DOESN'T FIT:
- LET US KNOW IMMEDIATELY You can do this via your fit4apit account or EMAIL US. Unauthorized returns will be returned to sender, so please don't send it back until it's been authorized
- RE-USE THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING It doesn't matter if it becomes frankenpackage. Help us conserve and save yourself money by reusing packaging!
- INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME, AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR ORDER, so we know whose item we've received. Mystery returns get put aside until mystery customer comes forward. At this juncture, we do not have time to conduct a full investigation.
- REMOVE ALL DOG HAIR, INSIDE & OUT DO NOT SEND US DOG HAIR! We have more than enough around here already. If you don't have a lint roller, a piece of tape or velour-type lint brush works well. Please don't make us lint roll your sweater and vacuum. If it has dog hair on it, a 15% cleaning fee will be deducted from any refund.
- DON'T SEND SMELLY ITEMS If you or someone you live with smokes, stash the return in a smoke-free area until it goes to the post office! If you have heavily scented candles, air fresheners, oils or burn incense, put the return in a zip loc bag or other airtight bag. Please don't try and cover smells by using Febreze or washing the garment. We will know. Smelly items will result in a 15% cleaning fee deducted from any refund. Please be considerate!
- IF THE ITEM HAS VELCRO, BE SURE TO FASTEN IT COMPLETELY Leaving velcro unfastened will cause the garment to become damaged during shipping. It causes deep picks and can even cause micro-tears. Once re-fastened, velcro won't come undone unless you pull both sides with your hands... it doesn't come unfastened during shipping, so we don't accept that as an explanation for damage. Items damaged due to velcro will be returned to sender. Again, please be considerate!
- WE DON'T PROVIDE RETURN LABELS FOR SIZE MISTAKES There are so many safeguards in place to catch sizing errors. Things we have provided to help you pick the right sizes:
1. a diagram of how to measure
2. instructions about how to measure
3. measurements for each size on all items' pages
4. size charts in thumbnail images
5. a printable tape measure
6. a weight check field on each product page, so we can catch any sizing mistakes that might have slipped through all the other safeguards
7. several ways to contact us and ask questions
If we have advised you to change sizes and are wrong, we'll send a label. If an item has a defect, we'll send a label. If you get the wrong item, we'll send a label. If you selected the wrong size, we will not send a label.
- USPS FIRST CLASS IS BEST It's cheap and is just as fast as Priority. You can print a label at the kiosk in any USPS lobby and it takes about 1 minute (stamps.com doesn't give you a First Class option, another reason why the kiosk is best)
- EVERYTHING SHIPS BACK TO US Unless there's a manufacturing defect and we've advised you to send to another address, send everything to the address below. Be sure to include your name. Once your return has been authorized and the item is packaged up and ready to go, send to:
Fit for a Pit
P.O. Box 2002
Leicester, NC 28748
IT NEEDS TO BE BACK HERE WITHIN 2 WEEKS FROM THE DAY YOU RECEIVED IT
Please don't throw it in your car and forget about it! Many items are seasonal and stock is always changing, so you may find the size you need is out of stock. So the faster it gets back here, the more likely you are to get the size you need.
Once the package has been received and inspected, we'll issue a refund for the item's price. Original shipping fees are non-refundable. Our credit card processor has an auto-refund feature, so all refunds go back to the original form of payment. We handle refunds promptly, but once we do our part, it's up to your bank to finish the process. You should see it in your pending transactions within 1-2 business days (most retailers like to say "you'll see the refund within 1-2 billing cycles, but I've never actually seen a refund take that long for anyone, ever). If you don't, please contact your bank.
Just in case you missed all the info above:
HAIRY OR SMELLY ITEMS WILL HAVE A 15% CLEANING FEE DEDUCTED FROM THE REFUND. DAMAGED, CLEARLY WORN AND/OR ITEMS MISSING A TAG OR MANUFACTURER'S PACKAGING WILL BE RETURNED TO SENDER
*Original shipping charges are not refundable unless otherwise noted.
If you have created an account on fit4apit.com and would prefer a store credit, we can refund the item to your account. The next time you order, make sure you are logged in first and the credit can be used during checkout!
TOYS & SPORTS EQUIPMENT:
If you are purchasing toys or sports equipment, please read the item description! We describe the strength and purpose of all chews and toys and always advise you to purchase the correct size for your dog (larger mouth=larger toy). If you feel that the toy is defective, please email a photo and description, as it may be covered by manufacturer's warranty. Items that have damage due to the toy being the wrong size for your dog or misuse (i.e., a flirt pole that was used as a chew toy) are not eligible for return.
Used flirt poles and tugs are not eligible for return. Not all dogs will go after a lure or pull on a tug toy right away and may need to be trained first to enjoy them (yes this is possible and works most of the time!) If your dog isn't appearing to be interested in the toy, email or message us on social media and we will send links to videos that will help get your dog on track!
SUPPLEMENTS, GROOMING PRODUCTS, BOOKS, DVDs & TREATS
As long as they're not open, you can return any of these. Please make sure lids are on tight before shipping
CUSTOM ITEMS AND SPECIAL ORDERS
Unless defective, items described as custom-made or special order (ex: a size, color or style that we don't stock) are not eligible for return.
ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN, SO PLEASE BE SURE TO MEASURE FIRST AND SELECT THE CORRECT SIZE! If your dog chews through the harness, we can get you a replacement under the 2Hounds Chew Through Guarantee! There's a nominal fee to cover shipping. Just let us know and we can help walk you through it.
We typically ship orders out on Tuesdays and Fridays, to limit post office trips. This helps us keep our carbon footprint lower, keeps our operating costs lower and also gives us more office time for product research, development and processing orders. During holidays and sales, we ship more frequently.
SHIPPING METHODS & TRANSIT TIMES
We use USPS First Class for all domestic shipments weighing under 16 oz. Transit times for First Class packages is 3-5 days--often the same as Priority. For orders over 16 oz, we use USPS Priority (3-4 days) or UPS Ground (up to 5 days). Transit times are affected by weather, holidays, shipper staffing shortages, etc. Once packages leave fit4apit, they're out of our control. Luckily, it usually all works out and things go where they're supposed to! We've been shipping orders since 2013 and can count the number of ridiculous transit times and/or lost packages on one hand. Knock on wood.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU RECEIVE A DAMAGED PACKAGE:
Please leave all packaging intact and EMAIL US immediately. We'll need to submit clear photos of the packaging and/or damaged item(s) to USPS, or the actual packaging and items, so don't throw away any damaged mailers or boxes. If your item(s) is in stock, we'll send a replacement right away, or we'll refund you for it.
WHAT TO DO IF TRACKING REFLECTS THAT YOUR PACKAGE MIGHT BE LOST:
USPS has been running slower than normal and are not updating tracking info, entering incorrect data for tracking and some items may even show as delivered when they are still in transit. If tracking shows movement and/or a message saying delivery is delayed, please give it a few days and check again. We do not have access to additional tracking information. Once it leaves our hands, we see the same info using the same link as you.
A pandemic, extreme weather, fires, terrorism will affect shipping transit times for the entire country. During or after these events, many shipments are re-routed through different hubs to avoid longer delays, so you may see your package circling back towards you to be processed through another hub to be sent back out on a different route. Usually, things get where they need to go and everyone is happy. If it's looking unlikely that the item will get to you, you can call USPS and have them put a tracer on the shipment, which sometimes reveals more information.
We can't keep daily tabs on where every package is at all times, so if yours is taking longer than normal, please understand that we are totally unaware of this... so when you contact us about a lost package, please be kind. The world needs more kindness.
IF TRACKING INFO SAYS "DELIVERED" BUT YOU NEVER RECEIVED IT
Items showing as "delivered" aren't lost and are therefore not eligible for refund, replacement or insurance claims. Check and make sure the address you used on your order was correct. If the address was wrong, you can try to retrieve the package from the person who may have accepted it at the other address, or ask your mail carrier to try and retrieve it for you.
If the address matches up and you haven't received it within 48 hours of the item being scanned as "delivered", it was probably stolen from your property. We all have to constantly shift our processes and lifestyle to meet the needs of the world we now live in. Sadly, package theft is a part of our modern world. Thieves now drive to nice neighborhoods and remote areas to steal mail, so no one is protected from this crime. It is up to us to protect ourselves from mail theft.
If you live in a building with a common mail area, have an unsecured mailbox or your mail carrier leaves packages on a deck, porch or stoop that is accessible to passersby PLEASE PROVIDE AN ALTERNATE, MORE SECURE SHIPPING ADDRESS. Have it delivered to your work address, a P.O. Box, a friend or family member's home with locking mailbox.
Fit for a Pit is not responsible for replacing or refunding items marked as "delivered" and USPS will not pay an insurance claim on a delivered package. Thank you for understanding and abiding by our return policy! We make every effort to prevent returns from happening in the first place, so hopefully you'll never need to read this again!